Sunday, December 8, 2013

[Review] Winter Lime Crime Haul

Lime Crime has the cutest packaging!

I binged last month on Lime Crime products. I told myself I would only buy a new lipstick but I couldn't pass up the free shipping on orders over $50 so I ended up with the lipstick Babette, Carousel Gloss, and Zodiac Glitter. What can I say? It's very hard for me to say no to things that sparkle. ❤ As a continued returning costumer to this whimsical makeup brand for the last 3 years, I am WAY over due for a review!



Swatches of Babette, Snowsicle, Gemini and Sagittarius.

Babette opaque lipstick.
Babette is the 15th lipstick I now own from Lime Crime (I think I might have a problem). I have been dying to own this shade since it's very first teaser image. I am currently transition over to neutral shades for the work place, and this unconventional nude is perfect for me!

No filter here!

Like all of Lime Crime's lipsticks this shade is full of pigment. Babette is coined as Coquette's "pinker cousin". This shade, at least against my olive skin, is more of a peach color. I like to think of it as Cosmopop's little sister.




Snowsicle Carousel Gloss
Carousel Gloss has adorable packaging, but the lack of sparkle in Snowsicle is not so adorbs. I was surprised that the applicator was so small, and I was disappointed that the gloss wasn't loaded with sparkle like advertised.
No filter - Snowsicle over Babette.
I first wore Snowsicle over Geradium, and thought that maybe it wasn't so sparkly because I applied it right after I applied the lipstick. I waited nearly 4 hours after applying Babette before applying Snowsicle and it was the same result. The gloss has a nice shine, but no extra sparkle.




Sagittarius and Gemini Zodiac Glitters
I love glitter, and I can't get over how fantastic this packaging is. I used Lime Crime's eye shadow primer as a glitter helper when I wore Gemini as a highlighter. Gemini is a subtle sparkle that isn't so noticeable in photos, but is perfect for every day wear. Sagittarius is full color and adds an adorable pink sparkle to my makeup look.


I give this haul a 7/10. Despite the sad case of Snowsicle Carousel Gloss, I am in love with all of my purchases from Lime Crime. I cannot wait to see what they come up with next! What is your favorite Lime Crime product?

☆彡

No comments:

Post a Comment