Saturday, December 7, 2013

[Review] Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick - Cathedral

I've been taking a break from my usual florescent shades of pink and dreamy lilacs to dabble in the world of neutral lipsticks. As a proud owner of Kat Von D's Backstage Bambi shade in both the Everlasting Love and Foil Love liquid lipsticks, I wasn't too hesitant to try her full color lipsticks.


Cathedral is described on Sephora's website as a "spiced, pinkish brown". The bullet is more of a dull raisin in color.


They weren't kidding when they said this was a full color lipstick! A single, smooth gliding swipe was enough color coverage for both lips.With any lipstick the color could change just a little bit against different skin tones. Against my olive skin the pink hues are very subtle in this warm shade, but it's just enough so it doesn't look like I'm wearing out right brown lipstick. The color is long lasting and I only needed to reapply once in a 12 hour day.

I did read the online reviews before I made my purchase and the ones that made me the most hesitant were the ones that said that it felt like rubbing sandpaper on their lips when they applied the lipstick, and that the color settled into lip lines. I have had neither of these problems. I get chapped lips fairly easy, so I assumed that either those reviewers either had a bad batch or were suffers of chapped lips like myself.

If you do suffer from chapped lips, or you feel like your lipstick doesn't glide on smoothly, here's a tip! Apply your favorite chapstick to your lips at the beginning of your makeup routine. This will condition your lips and have a chance to be absorbed by them, so when you finally put your lipstick on it goes on smoothly without the greasy build up.

Thanks for reading lovelies!
☆彡

No comments:

Post a Comment