Saturday, December 28, 2013

[30 Day Challenge] Day 9 - 10 Things You Will Never Do In Lolita


To be honest, I feel like today's topic of "10 things you will never do in lolita" is kind of a set up for slut shaming, or to look down on those with a "alternative" lifestyle. Or maybe picking on itas. I could be wrong though!



 I would never go hiking in lolita.

 I will never fat shame a lolita. I will never comment on another lolita's body. Period.

 I will never make another lolita feel bad for wearing offbrand, or replicas.

 I will never give unsolicited advice. There is no reason to tell someone how to dress or give them advice if they don't ask.

 I will never look down on someone who incooperates lolita into their cosplay.

 I will never boast about how large my lolita wardrobe is, or how much brand I own.

 I will never dissuade anyone from wanting to get into the style.

 I will never treat someone harshly out of jealousy.

 I will never stop loving the fashion.

 I will never tell a lolita with tattoos to cover up.


I try my best to be a kind person, and be supportive of others. I know that the lolita community can be very catty and I do catch myself throwing my fair share of shade. Lolita is becoming more and more under the mainstream radar and it is my undying wish that we are represented in a positive light; not as a bunch of catty bitches who are nice to each other's faces but horrible once our backs are turned, or sad mentally ill little girls and boys.

Thanks for reading, lovelies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment