Friday, December 20, 2013

[30 Day Challenge] Day 1 - 10 Things About Your Lolita Bubble






Hello lovelies! Today is my first day of the 30 Day Lolita Challenge! I think it will be a great opportunity for you to get to know me (and keep me posting on a regular basis). The first day is 10 things about your lolita bubble. Let's get started!



1. I have a really bad habit of  impulse buying and lolita is no exception! I often buy items that I want rather than the ones I need. I've needed bloomers and a new petticoat for the longest time but my last few purchases have all been accessories or new tights. I'm also crazy about prints. I only have three items in my wardrobe (not including blouses) that are print free. I always tell myself I am going to buy a print free dress, but then Angelic Pretty releases a new print and I lose my resolve.

2. My lolita style is prodominately sweet but I do have a soft spot for gothic. When I first discovered lolita I was going through my high school goth phase. I tried really hard to like the edgier pieces I saw in Gothic & Lolita Bible, but I couldn't help but be drawn to the sometimes painfully sweet of Angelic Pretty and Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. I've experimented a few times by combining the two to create a creepy cute or pastel goth look.

3. If I am wearing lolita I never leave the house without false eyelashes or a wig. My hair is very fine and no matter how long it grows or how much I tease it it will never give me the effect I want. I do have a little bit of a wig exception, ha ha! My eyelashes are long enough on their own, but I feel like having fuller looking eyelashes really adds to the sweet look.

4. Some of my favorite prints that I absolutely die over are chocolate, carousel horses, florals, and architecture.

5. I'm not a hardcore lifestyle lolita. It is definitely an aspiration of mine to be able to wear my frills everyday, but for the mean time I think of myself as a pseudo-lifestyle lolita because I wear it whenever possible.

6. I've recently been more intersted in indie lolita brands, specifically Chess Story, Classical Puppet, and Infanta. They're some of the heavy hitters from Taobao and offer a variety of lolita styles and sizes.

7. One of the main reasons I maintain my weight is to fit into brand.

8. I definitely believe in quality over quantity, not just in my lolita wardrobe but with my cosplay and everyday fashion. I feel more satisfied saving for months to buy quality items and having a smaller collection, than having many low quality dresses.

9. Even though I'm not primarily a gothic lolita, Mana is still my lolita fashion idol.

10. My wardrobe has a lot of pastels. I've branched out from my usual pinks and reds, to yellows and mints. I want to add more navy and other blues to my wardrobe.


Whew! That was a lot of work! It was surprisingly tough to think of ten things that define me as a lolita! I hope you enjoyed this first day of the challenge.

Thanks for reading lovelies ☆彡







No comments:

Post a Comment