Friday, December 13, 2013

[Lolita Blog Carnival] What Are You Thankful For In Lolita?

I am very excited that this is the topic for my first Lolita Blog Carnival post! Lolita is very near and dear to my heart, and has become such a huge part of my life.


Photo by Dea Thea

I've never been a cookie cutter girl when it came to fashion. I grew up with hand-me-downs and thrift store treasures, so I have always dressed creatively. Even at a young age I thought that fashion was one of the best ways of self expression. I was heavily bullied in elementary school, and how I dressed was one of the fuels of the fire. Once I entered middle school I begged my parents to buy me clothes that everyone else was wearing so I could fit in. They complied, but I was never happy in what I wore. I felt like what I was wearing wasn't reflecting my personality, almost like I was pretending to be someone else. It was my freshman year of high school when I discovered lolita from a Gothic &Lolita Bible a friend owned. I thought the clothes were adorable, but it wasn't until I saw Mana's photo set that I fell in love. Much like Momoko from "Kamikaze Girls" I felt like Mana drew a pistol from inside his coat and fired, destroying the person I had created to fit in with everyone else. I am very thankful to the lolita fashion that I am able to be myself. Lolita is such a versatile fashion that it allows so much room for self expression. Though I am primarily a sweet lolita, I have dabbled with pastel goth, and gothic lolita.


Photo by Ed Tan
Photo by Riamux Creations
Photo by Molly McIsaac
Photo by Studio Henshin Photography


Despite my bubbly personality I am actually an introvert. Lolita is an usual fashion and wearing it in public puts you in the spotlight. Being a lolita has taught me to be more sociable, and gave me confidence to talk with people I don't know. I've met some of my best friends through the lolita community. I am so thankful to the lolita fashion for that.


Vorel Darastrix and I
Bizria Cosplay and I
Lolita waifu for life Nao, and I

Lolita fashion has been such a huge inspiration in my life. It has inspired me to pursue my degree in fashion design, it has encouraged me to branch out of my comfort zone to make new friends and talk with curious passer by, but most of all lolita has reminded me to always be true to myself.

Thank you for reading, lovelies! ☆彡





Follow the links to read my fellow lolita bloggers reasons for being thank full!

No comments:

Post a Comment