Sunday, December 22, 2013

[30 Day Challenge] Day 2 - 10 Things You Love About Lolita




Today's topic in the 30 day lolita challenge is "10 things you love about lolita". This one might end up being more like a list, but I guess that's the point?



I love the fine details of lolita. The simple lace used in the corset back of a jumperskirt, the pin tucks in a blouse, and the removeable details on some garments just to name a few. If you look closely at a garment you can see how much time in effort was spent on the design and the construction. These are things I can appreciate being a seamstress myself.

This may sound super cliche but I love the way lolita makes me feel! When I wear lolita I feel invincible, like I'm wearing armor. My convindence rises, as well as my self esteem. I feel the most beautiful while wearing lolita. It's such a magical feeling.

 I love that lolita despite being an over the top fashion can be tonned down to casual wear.

 I love that most print series are released with jewlery that match the theme. I'm a little bit OCD so having things that match in a set make me happy, ha ha!

 Though most lolita is styled after rococo fashion, I love that designers have been branching out and embracing other fashion periods such as the 1950's and victorian era.

I love jumperskirts. They are my favorite lolita garment!

 Though typically marketed to women, I love that there are male fans that brazenly dress in the fashion.

 I love that when I see other lolitas at conventions or just out and about we excitedly great eachother and fawn over eachother's coordinates.

 I love that lolita is branching out from being just a fashion but into beauty products as well. You can find false eyelashes specifically designed for lolita, and definitely false nails.

What I love most about lolita.... Lolita! I konw, I know, it sounds super lame but I just love the fashion so much!


I don't understand why talking about specific things I love about lolita was so difficult! What are some of your loves of lolita?

Thanks for reading, lovelies! ☆彡



No comments:

Post a Comment